Monday, June 13, 2011

Flights and Time Changes

So tomorrow's the big day.  I leave Tulsa International at 3:40 p.m. and arrive in Minneapolis/St Paul at 5:38 p.m.  From there I take a flight at 7:30 p.m. and land in Amsterdam at 10:45 a.m. (their time).  It's about 8 hours up in the air.  My flight departs for Amman at 12:35 p.m. and lands in Amman at 6:30 p.m. on June 15.  That's about 5 hours up in the air.  There's an 8 hour time difference between Oklahoma and Amman.

So for those of you keeping score, I will arrive in Amman at 10:30 a.m. (Oklahoma time) on June 15.  June 15 also happens to be my mom's birthday. The first one since her death.  It could end up being a pretty emotional day, but I'm very sure she would want this for me.  Granted, she would probably think Amman was pretty scary (she watched a lot of FOX news), but she would have trusted my judgment.

1 comment:

  1. There will probably be several emotional moments, but look at the legacy she left! You are leading by example, joining the global community, and actively participating in causes you believe in! You are awesome! Can't wait to hear your presentation when you get back!

    ReplyDelete