Tuesday, June 21, 2011

See you stateside!

This will probably be my last post until I get back to the states.  I still have plenty to say; I just need some time to process (and sleep).  Thanks to all of who have taken this journey with me.  I do appreciate all of your kind comments and support (even though I have to read them super fast).
Today we went to Jordan University!  Universities are one of the places that make me the most happy, and today was no exception.  The students were wonderful!  So smart and engaged.  It was energizing and gave me a lot of hope for Jordan.  It's been a common theme amongst our speakers that they are very excited about the young people of Jordan.  I now completely understand why they say that.

 Our group in front of the UJ sign.
 At the beginning of the student-faculty dialogue.
Who doesn't love a clock tower????

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Amy!
    I'm so glad you're having such a great experience! Your future students are definitely going to benefit from this!
    The one thing I've noticed in the pics you have posted, is that no one in your group is wearing the head covering that you were supposed to take. Has that just not been an issue, or are you all rebelling?
    Stay safe and I'll see you when you get back!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete